Connection to MSSQL database can be done using the Enterprise Manager, Data Transformation Service (DTS) or Query Analyzer program.
There is also a Java based database management tool that you can download from www.aquafold.com if you don't have the Enterprise Manager.
Because our MS SQL server listens on port 2433 (the standard port is 1433), you need to change your client to match this. There are several ways to do this:
- This is done using the "Client Network Utility" - click on TCP/IP and click on properties. Enter 2433 and click OK to dismiss the dialog, or
- Type in the servername,2433 (instead of just 2433) in the Server Registration wizard.
Alternatively you can also use our MS SQL Manager web-based tool to manage your databases online (using your web browser). To access the online MSSQL Manager:
- Go to your control panel
- Click on Web Options
- Turn on ASP and ASP.NET
- You should see a new item at the bottom of your Web Options page: "MSSQL manager"
- Turn it on
- Click the magnifying glass next to it
- Select your user login and proceed from there
NOTE: You cannot create a database through the Enterprise Manager or the Web Based MSSQL Manager. To create a database, go to the Control Panel - MSSQL area.